If you’ve been wanting to add those cool buttons that link to your social networks (such as Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube, etc) , but you dread at the work involved in geting free icons and coding the HTML to put them in a nice grid in your WordPress blog sidebar, then this nifty WordPress plugin might be the perfect solution.
How to install and use:
- Download from the link above, or within your WordPress dashboard click on Plugins > Add New
- Type in “Social Profiles Widget” in the Install Plugins search area. Click on “Search Plugins“
- The Social Profiles Widget should show up in the list of plugins you can install. Click “Install Now”
- The Social Profiles widget should now be available for your WordPress site. Navigate to Appearance > Widgets
- Once you have dragged the widget to a widgetized area (usually your WordPress sidebar), enter in the Title of your widget box, select the Icon Set and Icon side and enter the URLs for your various social profiles. If you leave a profile URL blank, it will not be used.
- Hit Save
That’s it! Your WordPress site now has those cool square social network buttons that link to your social profiles, and you didn’t even have to create or download/upload icons and touch a single line of code!
Are you using this plugin? If yes, I would like to hear your feedback and also if you know of any similar plugin that does something similar.
I hope you found this post useful. To your success!